Moulton Cone SE
The Moulton CONE Special Edition is a celebration of sixty years of Alex Moulton's rubber cone spring design. First used as a suspension spring on the classic Mini car in 1959, much of the Mini's remarkable handling and road-holding has been attributed to its revolutionary Moulton rubber suspension.
The Mini became the most successful British car of all time, with nearly five and half million built over a forty year production run. Moulton still supply original cone springs for the repair and restoration of these iconic and inimitable cars.
The Moulton bicycle - having always featured full suspension right from the beginning in 1962 - gained the cone spring on the rear suspension in 1983 and still uses a modified version today. The use of rubber as a suspension medium is beneficial in many ways including durability, lack of 'stiction', tunable rising-rate characteristics and damping through natural hysteresis.
The Moulton CONE has all the essential Moulton features - small wheels and full suspension for comfort and road-holding, stiff open frame for unisex use, a range of luggage options and a space-frame that separates in less than a minute for ease of stowage and transportation.
- Moulton space-frame design, fillet-brazed construction in Columbus Spirit and Reynolds steels.
- Stainless-steel dropouts front and rear - brushed finish.
- Moulton leading-link front suspension, unicrown fork.
- Moulton rubber-cone 'Monosphere' rear suspension.
- Easily and quickly separable into two parts.
- SRAM X7 9 speed transmission, 31 - 91" gear range.
- Upholstered leather saddle and perforated leather ergonomic grips.
- Front pannier carrier, front platform carrier, large rear carrier and rear day bag carrier available as options.
- Weight 11.2 kg / 24.5 lb.
- Colours: Riviera Blue or Ferrari Red finish.
ISpecificationMoulton space-frame design, fillet-brazed construction in Columbus Spirit and Reynolds steels.Stainless-steel dropouts front and rear - brushed finish.Moulton leading-link front suspension, unicrown fork.Moulton rubber-cone 'Monosphere' rear suspension.Easily and quickly separable into two parts.SRAM X7 9 speed transmission, 31 - 91" gear range.Upholstered leather saddle and perforated leather ergonomic grips.Front pannier carrier, front platform carrier, large rear carrier and rear day bag carrier available as options.Weight 11.2 kg / 24.5 lb.Colours: Riviera Blue or Ferrari Red finish.